It is officially spring and here at Any Baby Can we are excited for the winter days to pass and for the sunshine to come out! Spending time outdoors can be a great way to enjoy the beautiful spring weather Austin has to offer before it gets too hot.
If you’re looking for some activities to do with your family, there are a number of things to do & see in Austin and the surrounding areas. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Bluebonnet photos! Taking pictures of your kids & pets in the bluebonnets is a staple springtime Central Texas activity. This link is an updated list of all the good places to find bluebonnets in the Austin area. Please be careful if you’re stopping on the side of the road, and keep an eye peeled for snakes!
- Sweet Berry Farms. This is a pick your own strawberry farm. While a bit of a drive to Marble Falls, it can be a fun activity for your kiddos. Strawberries are $2.89 a pound and their boxes can hold up to 8 pounds. Check out their website for all of the details.
- Check out a new park. There is no shortage of outdoor parks and playgrounds in the area. Spend a few hours playing, or pack a lunch and stay all day!
- Have you checked out the Play for all abilities park in Round Rock? They recently expanded and have added a few new experiences for the children.
- Mayfield Park is one of the most interesting parks in Austin because there are peacocks who roam freely. It is quite the sight!
- Austin is also home to a secret (or not-so-secret) beach! There is a nearby playground (Roy G. Guerrero Park) where you can go hang out once you’re done exploring in the sand.
We hope you get a chance to explore & spend time with your family this weekend! For more parenting tips and tricks, visit us at anybabycan.org. We’d also love to see pictures of your kiddos in the bluebonnets, picking strawberries, or just being kids – please share them with us on Instagram @anybabycan.