Becoming a mother for the first time is exciting. But let’s be honest: pregnancy and early childhood can also be intimidating.
When will the nausea end? What do I do about this heartburn? What’s that pain in my hip? Do I have everything baby will need? How do I know if something is wrong? How will baby sleep? How will I sleep?
Any Baby Can’s Nurse-Family Partnership program partners with first-time mothers to bring answers, guidance and confidenceto this transitional stage in life. Beginning in early pregnancy, pregnant moms are matched with a free, personal nurse to guide them through pregnancy and becoming a parent. The nurse is available to the mother until the child turns two years old.
In Texas, 10.7% of births occur before 37 weeks and 11% have low birth weight. Our program aims to improve pregnancy outcomes, decrease pre-term births, and empower moms to create better futures for themselves and their babies.
During each in-home visit, our nurses discuss health, family dynamics and child development. They work with clients to set and pursue goals. Topics covered include:
- Prenatal and postnatal care (physical and emotional)
- Creating a support network
- Understanding your body and warning signs
- Birth defect prevention
- Accessing health and community resources
- Breastfeeding initiation
- Forming attachment
- Childcare basics
- Pediatric health and immunization information
- School readiness
- Self-sufficiency, education and employment
- Family planning
- And anything else mom wants guidance on!
Any Baby Can expects to serve 400 moms through our Nurse-Family Partnership program this year. Read about our client Rosa and her experience with us.
To enroll, women must be:
- First-time, pregnant moms
- Before 28 weeks of pregnancy (the earlier the better!)
- Residents of Williamson or Travis County
- Under 185th Federal Poverty Level (qualify for WIC/Medicaid)
Every mom wants to be the best parent they can be. Sometimes we just need guidance, information and resources to ease the transition into parenthood.
We want to work with you! Connect to a nurse today by contacting Any Baby Can at 512-454-3743.